The Catholic parishes of St. John the Evangelist and Sacred Heart were canonically joined in 2007 and became Our Lady of Unity Parish.
Each church maintains their uniqueness while being served by one pastor.
Our Lady of Unity Catholic parish uses its enthusiasm for the Gospel, its love for the sacramental life, its passion for service to God and neighbor, and its respect for the uniqueness of each individual in order that we will be a living mission and a parish of hope to all.
St. John the Evangelist Church (SJE) Sacred Heart Catholic Church (SH)
2910 Strong Ave. 2646 South 34th St.
Kansas City, KS 66106 Kansas City, KS 66106
Public Masses will resume on a limited basis beginning Sunday, May 17, 2020 with this schedule:
Spanish Masses at 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Sundays; 6 p.m. Mass Tuesdays and Thursdays.
English Mass at 4:30 p.m. Saturdays; 11:00 a.m. Sundays; 8:05 a.m. Tuesday through Friday.
All Masses will take place at Sacred Heart Church.
Due to Covid-19 social distancing guidelines, there will be a limit of 55 people per Mass time. Those wishing to attend Mass are required to register by sending an email to
or call 913.953.8236 between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Include your name, phone number and the number of attendees.
So that everyone has an equal opportunity to attend Mass, we ask that those who attended the current weekend wait until the upcoming Friday to see if any seating is still available for the next weekend's Mass.
Since we are practicing social distancing, the following are regulations for those attending public Mass:
- Temperatures will be taken at the door with a temporal thermometer. If you present with a fever, you will not be able to attend Mass.
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask during Mass, covering both mouth and nose.
- Sanitize hands before entering the church and as you exit. Sanitizer will be provided at the entrances.
- We ask that parishioners keep a 6-foot distance.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or other close contact with those outside your household.
- At communion time, approach the minister one pew at a time. Please allow space between each other and observe the 6-foot distance.
- Communion will be distributed in the hands.
After Mass, continue to practice social distancing.
Dispensation from Sunday obligation is still in effect until it is safe to revoke. We will continue to live-stream Mass at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Sundays through the Facebook and Youtube pages
"Levantate Catolico Radio y TV".